You have the ability—we have the opportunity. Search now to find your next position.

Sign In
 [New User? Sign Up]
Mobile Version

Seeking a Primary Care Physician (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine)

VA New England Healthcare System


Location:
Massachusetts
Date:
07/26/2017
2017-07-262017-08-31
Job Type:
Employee
Categories:
  • Internal Medicine
  •  
  • Save Ad
  • Email Friend
  • Print

Job Details

Seeking a Primary Care Physician (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine)

Haverhill, Massachusetts – On the Merrimack River

VA New England Healthcare System – Veterans Health Administration

Our Mission:  The mission of the Haverhill Community Based Outpatient Clinic is to provide compassionate health care services in primary care and mental health to eligible veterans residing in the greater Haverhill area.

Discover what it’s like to enjoy the professional and personal satisfaction of caring for veterans in an intimate setting where you will:

  • See about 10 patients per day in a 3 PCP clinic
  • Work with an RN and an LPN, along with administrative support staff in a team based approach
  • No call (infrequently asked to cover as back up physician for hospital on off hours that are covered by a moonlighter)
  • Have 4 hours set aside for  patient relayed administrative work and also time set aside for staff and team meetings
  • Work with group that is always thinking outside the box to  improve the quality and efficiency of work and in which there is very little physician turnover
  • Have onsite access to mental health services and lab blood drawing
  • Work in an historic town that has a lot to offer - http://www.haverhillma.gov/

    You'll find the VA has a lot to offer too, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country and, in addition to competitive pay and liability protection, you’ll enjoy a robust benefits plan that includes:

    Paid Time Off:

  • 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
  • 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement! 
  • 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
  • 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME

    Insurance:

  • Health Insurance: an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
  • Dental & Vision: options include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
  • Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow use of tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
  • Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
  • Long-term care insurance available

    Federal Retirement Plan:

  • Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) – a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
  • How is pension funded? Employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
  • Similar to 401(k) savings plans available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
  • The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
  • For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
  • In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
  • Disability Retirement
  • Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service

 

For more information, Email your CV to Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, VA New England Healthcare System at don.rainwater@va.gov.  Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.

Powered By

Featured Jobs

More Jobs »